What is special about Cranberry?
Kashmiri Dried Cranberries are made by partially dehydrating fresh cranberries, a process similar to making grapes into raisins. They are popular in trail mix, salads, breads, with cereals, or eaten on their own. Dried cranberries contain the same nutrients as fresh cranberries (notably dietary fiber and antioxidants). However, commercial drying processes substantially reduce the vitamin A and vitamin C content. The nutrient density is also reduced if sugar is added. Dried cranberries contain no cholesterol, or saturated or trans fats. Consuming dried cranberries will supply very little amounts of an individual’s daily requirement for vitamins and minerals. The most substantial daily amount supplied is the mineral manganese, at 5% of the daily recommended intake. Cranberries with minimal processing contain the highest amount of antioxidants, although dried cranberries retain some antioxidants. Dried cranberries contain lots of antioxidants and vitamins beneficial for your body. Apart from weight loss, cranberries serve as the best preventive natural source of urinary tract infection (UTI). Including cranberries in your diet may reduce the risk of heart disease due to polyphenol
₹100.00 – ₹850.00Compare
Benefits of Cranberry
1. Lowers Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases: Cranberries have polyphenols that possess anti-inflammatory properties. These elements are known to lower hypertension, a condition that increases blood pressure and is known to contribute to the build-up of excess platelets in the body. The latter is a primary cause of heart diseases and a huge contributor to cardiovascular problems. Regular consumption of dried cranberries is an easy and tasty way to reduce heart problems.
2. Reduces Risk of Urinary Tract Infections (UTI’s): Cranberries possess another important nutritional element called PACs or proanthocyanins. These are antioxidants that prevent unwanted bacteria from sticking to the walls of your urinary tract. There are both good and bad bacteria going in and out of your system. It is the bad bacteria that cause various forms of urinary infection, and UTI is one of the most painful ones. Consumption of PACs, found in dried and unsweetened cranberry juice, can prevent these infections.
3. Reduces Chances of Breast Cancer and other Forms of Cancer: It may be true that there is no one way to prevent the development and spread of cancer but eating healthy is surely one of them. Research shows that those who consume dried cranberries on a regular basis have been found to have reduced exposure or risk of developing a cancerous tumor. The nutrients found in cranberries are known to slow down the progress of existing cancer while preventing the build-up of new ones. Many people over the world with predispositions to conditions such as prostate cancer or breast and ovarian cancer have shown significant improvements in reducing their risk by consuming dried cranberries daily.
4. Great for Oral Hygiene: Just like the PACs property in dried cranberries prevents bacteria from sticking to your urinary wall, in a similar way, they prevent tooth-decaying bacteria from sticking to your teeth. This improves your oral hygiene by making your teeth and gums stronger and preventing other problems like bad breath and gum bleed.
5. Improves Renal Function: If you have ever experienced kidney or gall bladder stones, you would know how painful they can be and how you would do anything to avoid them in the future. The pain can be excruciating and often, intolerable. Dried cranberries are loaded with citric acid that can help you stay away from kidney and bladder-related complications. This acid is a key element in preventing the formation of kidney stones.
6. Helps Prevent Weight Gain: The average adult burns about 1500-2000 calories each day. The number of calories you burn depends on many factors like your age, gender, lifestyle, exercise regime, etc. You may be surprised to know that eating less is not equivalent to shedding calories. Accumulated calories will eventually convert into fat and add to your weight, even if you eat less. It is thus wiser to consume food portions that are not high in calorie content. One serving of dried cranberries, for example, has only 130 calories and are loaded with fiber that keeps you full for a longer time. You can simply have these as a stand-alone meal.
7. Gives you Fawless Skin: Dried cranberries are rich in amino acids and hydroxyproline that are needed by the body to form collagen. The latter is a critical component in keeping your skin soft and young. Cranberries also keep your skin hydrated.
8. Solves Hair Problems: Rich in Vitamins A and C, dried cranberries can be the answer to your hair problems like dandruff and hair fall. The antifungal and antiseptic properties of the fruit prevent drying of the scalp that is the main cause of dandruff and oily hair.
9 Reduces Comorbidity Factors: The Mayo Clinic recommends the consumption of at least 25 gm of dietary fiber in your daily diet. Dried cranberries can be the source of these nutrients for you. These fibers lower comorbid factors like diabetes, gastrointestinal problems, nerve problems, etc.
100 gm, 200 gm, 250 gm, 400 gm, 500 gm, 800 gm, 1000 gm